Temporo-Mandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
Did you know?
Stress is thought to be a factor in TMJ.
If you wake up feeling tired and fatigued or suffer from migraines, chronic headache, neck or jaw joint pain we may be able to help you here at perfect smile Adelaide.
Often these symptoms occur because of a dental condition known as TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) Dysfunction. This occurs when the jaw joint becomes misaligned, and can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms including:
- Biting or chewing difficulty or discomfort
- Clicking, popping, or grating sound when opening or closing the mouth
- Dull, aching pain in the face
- headaches and migraines
- Jaw pain, neck pain and tenderness
- Locking of the jaw and difficulty opening or closing the mouth
Relieve your pain with neuromuscular therapy
There are many treatment options for TMJ.
One of our dentists will assess your history and symptoms in order to find the best way to relieve your pain if you have any, and find the most effective way to prevent it from returning. This may include massage, exercises, medication, splints or orthodontics.