Porcelain Veneers, Creneers and Crowns
At Perfect Smile we endeavour to deliver just that – a perfect smile that you can be proud of.
Many patients opt for porcelain veneers when it comes to cosmetic dental treatments as a way to whiten, brighten and straighten their smile. The great thing about porcelain veneers is that they can create a perfectly beautiful smile that with good care should last for well over a decade.
What are Porcelain Veneers, Creneers and Crowns
Porcelain Veneers, Creneers and Crowns are an amazing investment in both looking and feeling great. Your oral health is so important, and fixing a chipped or cracked tooth can save you from a host of problems down the track. Porcelain Veneers, Creneers or Crowns are an ideal solution for someone who is suffering from any of the following dental concerns and would like to reclaim the health and appearance of their smile.
- Close gaps
- Conceal misaligned teeth
- Conceal chips
- Conceal discoloured teeth
- Straighten your smile without orthodontic treatment in certain cases
- Strengthen weak teeth that have been worn down by wear and tear
- strengthen root canal (endodontically) treated teeth
Porcelain veneers are essentially very thin (about the thickness of a contact lens) porcelain shells that are created in a laboratory and crafted to your exact needs and specifications. These shells, made of porcelain, are then bonded to your smile to conceal crooked, chipped or discoloured teeth for a healthy looking new smile. Porcelain is an extremely durable, strong and aesthetically pleasing material that closely matches that of your natural tooth enamel. This allows any treatment performed with porcelain material to achieve long lasting results without anyone noticing you’ve even had treatment! Many patients choose porcelain as their preferred material of choice due to its durable qualities as outlined below.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers, Creneers and Crowns
- Porcelain is stain resistant and does not change colour over time
- Can cover virtually any imperfection, including gaps, chips, and stains
- Are long-lasting, lasting at least ten years with proper oral care
- Porcelain is translucent and reflects and absorbs light in the same way that tooth enamel does
- Porcelain is a strong, durable and scratch resistant
- Veneers are extremely lifelike – can be coloured to match the shade of your teeth.
Composite resin bonding…an alternative choice to porcelain veneers
In contrast to porcelain veneers, bonding can be a more affordable, less invasive option for correcting teeth that are chipped, slightly decayed or “gappy”. Composite Resin bonding is used in several ways from making minor repairs to the teeth such as chipping to full mouth reconstructions (smile Lifts). Bonding is a less invasive option compared to porcelain veneers as minimal tooth is removed during the preparation stage. In addition, and can be applied in a single visit (one arch per appointment). These benefits include:
- Composite resin bonding is minimally invasive (minimal amount of healthy tooth reduction is required)
- Immediate results – Composite resin bonding can often be accomplished in one appointment.
- Easily repairable
- Very natural in appearance
- Quick and Painless – local anaesthetic is rarely needed
Here at Perfect Smile in Adelaide we can perform a full mouth examination to determine if bonding is the best treatment for you based on your unique dental needs, your lifestyle and your budget.